- Swami Sahajanand Saraswati:born in uttar pradesh (village:deva, ghazipur) Social worker, saint, was the foremost leader of peasants of the previous century. International journalists term him as one of the ten most influential people of India of the last century. Our Indian journalist have largely glossed him over and ignored him as a caste leader when the fact is that he worked for all peasants irrespective of their caste. It was at the behest of the yadav peasants that he formed Kisan sabha which became the biggest anti -zamindari peasant movement of India. Landlords and big zamindars both respected and feared him. Other brahmins who lived off the donations of these hardworking brahmins like bhumihars, chitpawans, tyagis and anavails didn't consider them equal to their social status and consider them beneath them in social hierarchy. Swami Sahajanand worked for the equal status for these hardworking brahmins.
- Basawon Singh (Sinha): Great Nationalist, Trade Unionist and First Leader of Opposition in Bihar; earlier active with HSRA (Hindustan Socialist Republican Army) and later joined Congress Socialist Party. He had spent eighteen and a half years in prison in British India fighting for India's independence. In the early phase of his life he was a revolutionary but later turned to Democratic Socialism. He was among the foremost proponents of Democratic Socialism in India.
- Pandit Karyanand Sharma : Great nationalist and peasant leader.
- Yogendra Shukla: Among the greatest nationalists the country has produced and who also served in the Cellular Jail, Andamans(Kalapani), among the founders of HSRA (Hindustan Socialist Republican Army) Yogendra Shukla (1896-1966) as well as his nephew Baikunth Shukla (1907-1934) hailed from village Jalalpur in Muzaffarpur (now Vaishali), district of Bihar and were torch bearers of the revolutionary spirit of freedom struggle. Young Yogendra made his greatest contribution to the cause of Indian freedom between 1930 and 1942, as one of the leaders of the revolutionary movement in Bihar and U.P. becoming "Almost a legendary figure for his many exploits". He was a close associate of Bhagat Singh and Batukeshwar Datta. He had to serve prison terms for a total of more than sixteen and a half years for his revolutionary activities. During imprisonment in different jails of India, he was subjected to extreme torture, which corroded his iron constitution.
- Baikuntha Shukla: Great nationalist who was hanged for murdering Phanindrananth Ghosh who had become a government approver which led to hanging of Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru. He was a nephew of Yogendra Shukla. Baikunth Shukla was also initiated into the freedom struggle at a young age taking active part in the 'Salt Satyagraha' of 1930. He was associated with revolutionary organisations like the Hindustan Seva Dal and Hindustan Socialist Republican Association. The execution of the great Indian revolutionaries Bhagat Singh, Rajguru and Sukhdev in 1931 as a result of their trial in the 'Lahore conspiracy case' was an event that shook the entire country. Phanindra Nath Ghosh, hitherto a key member of the Revolutionary Party had treacherously betrayed the cause by turning an approver, giving evidence, which led to the execution. Baikunth was commissioned to plan the execution of Ghosh as an act of ideological vendetta which he carried out successfully on 9 November 1932. He was arrested and tried for the killing. Baikunth was convicted and hanged in Gaya Central Jail on May 14, 1934. He was only 28 years old.
- Chandrama Singh Another nationalist who was given life term imprisonment for being an accomplice with Baikuntha Shukla in murdering Phanindranath Ghosh for ideological vendetta.
- Sir Ganesh Dutt Singh: Only minister in the province of Bihar from 1923 to 1937 and great philanthropist who initiated World famous Prince of Wales Medical College, Patna University, Darbhanga Medical School etc.
- Sri Krishna Sinha Eminent nationalist and first Chief minister of Bihar. He was from Maur village of Shekhpura District of Bihar.
- Ram Dayalu Singh: First Speaker of Bihar Assembly. He was from Gangawa village of Muzaffarpur and strong advocate of SRI BABU candidature of premiership of the province of Bihar in 1937 assembly election (first). There is a famous college in Muzaffarpur which is named after him.
- Ram Binod Singh: Great nationalist and revolutionary who was brought into the freedom struggle by Acharya Jivatram Bhagwandas Kripalani when he used to teach in Langet Singh College in Muzzafarpur. In fact, Acaryaji has also mentioned about him in his autobiography "My Time".
- Ram Nandan Mishra: Nationalist and Socialist leader who spent years in jail in British India. A close associate of Loknayak Jayaprakash Narayan. Ramnandan Mishra shot into fame when he, along with JP, scaled the walls of the Hazaribagh central jail during the Quit India movement to lead the underground movement against the British. After Independence he become saint. Ram Manohar Lohia always regarded him as his guru.
- Pandit Raj Kumar Shukla: After his return from South Africa, Mahatma Gandhi started the freedom movement in India by his satyagraha in the Champaran District of Bihar at the request of Raj Kumar Shukla-- against the British, who were forcing the local farmers to plant indigo which was very harmful to the local soil. In India’s struggle for Independence the "Champaran Satyagraha", marks a very important stage. Raj Kumar Shukla drew the attention of Mahatma Gandhi, who had just returned from South Africa, to the plight of the peasants suffering under an oppressive system established by European indigo planters. Besides other excesses they were forced to cultivate indigo on 3/20 part of their holding and sell it to the planters at prices fixed by the planters. This marked Gandhiji’s entry into the India’s Struggle for Freedom. On his arrival at Motihari, the district headquarters, accompanied by Raj Kumar Shukla, Gandhiji was ordered to leave by the next available train which he refused to do and was arrested. He was released and the ban order was withdrawn in the face of a, "Satyagraha" threat. Gandhiji conducted an open enquiry into the peasant’s grievances. The Government had to appoint an enquiry committee with Gandhiji as a member. This led to the abolition of the system. Raj Kumar Shukla has been described by Gandhiji in his "Atmakatha", as a man whose suffering gave him the strength to rise against the odds. In his letter to Gandhiji he wrote "Respected Mahatma, You hear the stories of others everyday. Today please listen to my story….. I want to draw your attention to the promise made by you in the Lucknow Congress that you would come to Champaran. The time has come for you to fulfil your promise. 19 lakhs suffering people of Champaran are waiting to see you." Gandhiji reached Patna on 10 April, 1917 and on 16 April he reached Motihari accompanied by Raj Kumar Shukla. Under Gandhiji’s leadership the historic "Champaran Satyagraha" began. The contribution of Raj Kumar Shukla is reflected in the writings of Dr. Rajendra Prasad, first President of India, Acharya Kriplani and of course, Mahatma Gandhi himself. Raj Kumar Shukla maintained a diary in which he has given an account of struggle against the atrocities of the indigo planters, atrocities so movingly depicted by Deen Bandhu Mitra in "Neel Darpan", a play that was translated by Michael Madhusudan Dutt. This movement by Mahatma Gandhi received the spontaneous support of a cross section of people, including Dr. Rajendra Prasad, who ultimately became the first President of India.
- Mahavir Tyagi: Eminent nationalist and parliamentarian.
- Pandit Yamuna Karjee: Pandit Yamuna Karjee was born in a small village name Deopar near Pusa in Darbhanga District of Bihar in 1898. His father Anu Karjee was a marginal farmer who died when Jamuna Karjee was just 6 months old. From his school days itself, he was drawn towards India’s freedom struggle and the Kisan Movement and Peasant movement under Swami Sehganandji Saraswati’s leadership. For higher studies he went to the Presidency College, Calcutta, and also obtained a degree in Law. In Calcutta he came in contact with several freedom fighters and Congress leaders like Dr. B.C. Roy, Dr. Shri Krishan Sinha, Rahul Sankritayan etc. Spurning the offers of several government jobs, he became a Hindi journalist of repute. He joined the editorial wing of Hindi weekly Bharat Mirtra published in Calcutta. He also took part in Gandhiji’s non cooperation movement from 1920-21 and was jailed in 1929-30 for taking part in civil disobedience movement and Namak Satyagrah. He won the first election for Bihar and Orissa Assembly in 1937 as a Congress candidate. He was one of the strongest pillars of the peasant movement in Bihar under the leadership of Swami Sahajanand Saraswati. He along with Rahul Sankritayan and other Hindi literaries started publishing a Hindi weekly Hunkar from Bihar, in 1940. Hunkar later became the mouthpiece of the peasant movement and the agrarian movement in Bihar. He was elected to the post of President Bihar Journalist association in 1947-48. He died of cancer in October 1953 at an early age of 55. After his untimely demise the peasant movement lost momentum in Bihar and became rudderless. His name also appears in Bipan Chandra's masterpiece India's Struggle for Independence Also refer :people.indiatimes.com/articleshow/813210.cms
- Sheel Bhadra Yajee (1906-1996) the fiery freedom fighter from Bihar was associated with the non-violent and the violent form of freedom struggle. Yajee's participation in the freedom movement began in 1928 when, as a student, he attended the Calcutta Session of the Indian National Congress. He joined the Congress Socialist Party four years later and became involved in the Kisan movement. Later, he came in close touch with Subhas Chandra Bose, as well as Mahatma Gandhi. In 1939 he joined Subhas Chandra Bose to found the All India Forward Bloc. He was actively associated with the INA movement. Yajee raised his voice against caste prejudices and other social evils. He was a firm believer in the active participation of the peasants, workers and the middle classes in the struggle for the transformation of society. He authored several books like' A Glimpse of the Indian Labour Movement', 'Forward Bloc and Its Stand', 'Is Socialism a Necessity to India', and 'True Face of Monopolistic American Democracy'.The government of India issued a commemorative stamp on him on 28/01/2001.
- Ganga Sharan Singh: Littérateur and Nationalist. He was a member of Rajya Sabha from 1956 to 1974. He was elected to the upper house too later. He was also the Chairman of PSP from 1956—59. He was close to Jay Prakash Narayan as well as Mrs Indira Gandhi . He tried his best to make these two leaders close to each other but was suspected by both . Pupul Jaykar wrote about him in a book 'Indira Gandhi'.
- Pt. Jadunandan Sharma: Eminent nationalist and peasant leader.
- Kishori Prassana Sinha (Singh): Nationalist.
- Mithilesh Narayan Singh: Nationalist
- Rai Jagannath Singh: Great grandson of Rai Hriday Narayan Singh, a philanthropist close to British administration. He was a freedom fighter . His wealth was seized by the British government for his active participation in Indian freedom movement.
- Vir Keshwar Singh, Parihans-Gaya : Eminent nationalist and peasant leader.
- Dr.Shiv Pujan Rai,Freedom Fighter [Sherpur,Ghazipur].
- Mahapandit Rahul Sankrityayan Rahul Sankrityayan (1893-1963) was one of the most widely traveled scholars of India, who spent forty-five years of his life on travel and away from home. He became a buddhist monk (Bauddh Bhikkhu) and eventually drew towards Marxist Socialism. He was given the title of Mahapandit (great scholar).
- Ramdhari Singh 'Dinkar' One of the greatest poet of Hindi and known as Rastra Kavi. He was from Simariya village of Begusarai District of Bihar. He was vice chancellor of Bhagalpur University, Bhagalpur, Bihar. He was close friend of Pandit Jawahar Lal Nehru. He got the prestious Jnanpith Award award for his famous poem Urvashi and Sahitya Akademi Award for his book Sanskriti Ke Char Adhyaya. He was awarded the third highest civilian award Padma Bhushan also. His famous books are 'kurukshetra, Neel Kusum, Rashmirathi, Hamari Sanskritik Ekta, Dinkar ki Dairy and the list is endless.
- Ram Briksh Benipuri An eminent Hindi language writer from Benipur village of Muzaffarpur, Bihar. He was a great nationalist jouranlist and editor of national news paper 'Janta'.He was a great freedom fighter and close associate of Lok Nayak Jai Prakash Narain. He was author of great Hindi Natak 'Ambapali' on which a Hindi movie 'Amrapali' was made by Rajkapoor.
- Gopal Singh "Nepali", an eminent poet of post-Chhayavaad period and a famous lyricist of Bollywood.
- Ram Sharan Sharma is Professor Emeritus of History at Patna University. He has earlier taught at Delhi (1973-85) and Toronto Universities. He was also the founding chairman of the Indian Council of Historical Research. He has been among the most renowned historians specialising in ancient history of India. He belongs to Barauni flag village of Begusarai district of Bihar. His works include: India's Ancient Past (Oxford University Press) Aspects of Political Ideas and Institutions in Ancient India (Motilal BanarsidassISBN 8120808983), Perspectives in Social and Economic History of Early India (ISBN 8121506727), Urban Decay in India c. 300-c. 1000 (ISBN 8121500451), Sudras in Ancient India: A Social History of the Lower Order Down to Circa A D 600 (ISBN 8120808738), Higher Education (ISBN 8171693202), Looking for the Aryans (ISBN 8125006311), 'Indian Feudalism' and many other scholastic works.
- Prakash Kumar is Assistant Professor of History at Colorado State University where he studies modern south Asia, empire and improvement, and colonial science. Originally trained at the University of Delhi, he received his Ph.D. in history of science and technology from the Georgia Institute of Technology. His work on the history of agriculture in south Asia has appeared in the British Journal for the History of Science and the Indian Economic and Social History Review, among other outlets.
- V. S. Naipaul: Nobel laureate for literature, whose Bhumihar Brahmin ancestors had migrated from Gorakhpur in eastern parts of U.P. to Trinidad and Tobago as indentured labourers. Many of the poor agricultural and 'secular Brahmins in secular profession as agriculture apart from religious functions went as indentured workers from Bihar and eastern U.P. to Mauritius, South Africa, Guyana, Suriname and Trinidad where because of the dint of their hard work and intellect are now among the most influential, powerful and intellectual group in these regions. Some have kept their distinct Brahmin identity alive while many have got assimilated with others.
- Prof G R Sharma: Native of Ghazipur and archeologist at Kosambi excavation. He was professor and head of the History department of Allahabad University.
- Prof. R.N.Rai (BANARAS HINDU UNIVERSITY) has done great work to nourish the Indian English literature.
- Dr. Madhusudan Mishra is a world renowned Sanskrit scholar who has deciphered Indus valley civilization script and has about 20+ publications to his credit. He is a gold medalist in B.A. & M.A. from Patna University. He retired from Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan as Deputy Director (Academic) with some time as Director also.
- Prof. Devendra Nath Sharma: Eminent Hindi Critic and Bhasha Vaigyanic. He Served as Vice Chancellor of Patna and Bhagalpur Universities.
- Prof. Vijendra Narayan Singh: Renowoned Hindi Critic. He served as Professor and Head of the Hindi Department of Central University Hydrabad. His famous books are Urvashi;uplabdhi aur sima'and Monograph on Ramdhari Singh Dinker[Sahitya Akademy].He is native of Vibhutipur village of Samastipur District'Bihar.
- Prof. kailash Rai: Renowned Professor of law in Allahabad university. He has written more than two dozen books on law in Hindi and English and has been awarded by the President on 13 of his books which includes his books on the Constitutional Law of India and Contract. His career spans over 35 years of service in the field of Law and is still continuing. Belonging to a very ordinary family of Reotipur in Ghazipur he reached to this stage in the field of Law with immense literary contribution.
- Dr. (Prof) Shyam Nandan Sharma. A native of Koshdihra village of Jehanabad district, presently living in Bankmens colony , Chitragupta Nagar, Kankebagh, Patna. He worked as a professor of physics in Science College, Patna for long time and got retired in 2004.
He has also done PHD from Patna University. He guided all his four sons to achieve high position in area of education and professional life as below.
I). Ajay Nandan - Alumni of Neterhat Vidyalaya is presently serving as Dy. Chief Mechanical Engineer with Northern Railway and posted in Delhi.
II). Abhay Nandan- Alumni of St. Xaviers High school, Patna, is presently serving as DGM in RBI and posted at Mumbai.
III). Akshay Nandan- Alumni of Neterhat Vidyalaya and IIT Kanpur (BE) is presently working in IT Sector in Bangalore.
IV). Dr. Aditya Nandan- Alumni of Neterhat Vidyalaya and Grants Medical College is MBBS and MS in ENT. He is a prominent ENT practitioner at Patna and Jehanabad.
- Dr. Girija Nandan Singh Prof. & head Dept. of Geography, Munger, Bihar. Has visited many countries and presented lots of research papers. He belongs from Tekari, Gaya, Bihar.
- Prof. Ram Das Rai (Professor of Sanskrit L.S. College, Muzaffarpur, Bihar), Originally from eastern U.P. District Ghazipur Village: Suhawal. Translated Kalidas Plays into Hindi, poetry version, which were used as college text-books in different colleges. His sister was married into the family of the owner of Granth Raj Publishers.
- Dr. Ram Surat Thakur (1921 - 1991) : Eminent educationist and scholar from Samastipur district. First in Bihar to receive his Ph.D. and D. Litt. in eductational pschycology. He retired as Principal of Govt. Teachers Training College, Samastipur. He also served as Reader at Bihar State Council of Education Research and Training, Patna.
- Prof Digvijay Narayan Sinha : well known educationist
- Kuber Nath Rai (March 26,1933-June 5,1996). Birthplace: Matsa, Ghazipur, Uttar Pradesh, India. Education :Banaras Hindu University and Kolkatta University. From 1958 to 1986 in Nalbari college, Assam as a Lecturar in English Department. From 1986 to 1995 in Swami Sahjanand PG College, Ghazipur,UP as a Principal. Books : Priya Neelkanthi, Ras Aakehtak, Meghmaadan, Nishad Bansuri, Vishad Yog, Pardmukut, Mahakavi ki Tarjani, Patr Madiputul ke naam, Maanwachan ki Nauka, Kirat nadi mein Chandramukh, Dristi Abhisaar, Treta ka vrihat saam, Kaamdhenu, Maraal. Awards: Murtidevi (Bharti Gyanpeeth) and many awards from UP and Assam Government.
- Prof. R.N.P Choudhary: Professor at IIT Kharagpur. PhD from University of Edinburgh, he is well known internationally acclaimed scientist in the area of Ferro electricity, Condense Matter Physics and Nano Technology. He is very actively involved in bringing students from tier-2 and tier-3 Universities to the mainstream science R & D activities. He is native of Muzaffarpur and graduate of L.S College.
- Avadheh Pradhan
- Dr Arun Rai (MBBS, FRCS): One of the most notable Surgeon & Urologists of his generation. His nursing home - Sandwell Nursing Home, Hazaribag (named after the first hospital he worked for whilst working in the UK) - was one of the most noted medical addresses in the states of Jharkand and Bihar. He left his flourishing career and moved back to the UK to assist his children in their career. He is currently a practising GP in Leeds, UK
- Dr. (Captn) U.C. Rai & Smt. Dr. Pratibha Rai: He is the son of Late Shri U.N. Rai. Served the Assam Rifles for 10 Years as a doctor in the army. A Widely known and popular pathologist, has served Patna, Asthaavaan, Jhanjaarpur and currently settled in Dhanbad. Dr Pratibha Rai is one of the most popular gynecologists in Bihar, also settled in Bhumihar. Both of tem also serve Patliputra Medical college as Head of Departments and senior professors.
- Dr Sheetal Prasad Singh: One of the very first medicine expert from Bhumihar Brahmin. His name is most respected in Bihar Medical Society.
- Dr Vijay Narain Singh : Among the best surgeons in Bihar. He was longest serving HOD , Surgery of PMCH and after retirement he started a medical college with Krishna Kant Babu in Patna which is known as Nalanda Medical College.
- Dr A K N Sinha: Tallest figure in Indian Medical Association and also president of Commonwealth Medical Association and longest serving president of most powerful body Medical Council Of India(MCI) is Governing body of All Medical Colleges in India. He was also a famous Cardiologist.
- Dr G P Sharma: He was famous Pathologist native of West Patna ( Nadawan) . His started lab Dr G P Sharma lab is a premier Pathology Lab in Rajendra Nagar , Patna . These days one of his sons runs this lab.
- Dr J P Sinha: 1948 pass MBBS graduate from PMCH and went UK to get expertise in Radiology and became life long HOD of Radiology , PMCH and retired as Principal of presitious PMCH in 1980 . His started X RAY Institute at Rajendra Nagar was once best Lab with all modern Radiology equipments . His grandson is also a Radiologist currently in UK. Dr Sinha is Native of Bhagwanpur - Ratti , Near Lalganj , Vaishali . It is said he is very first Radiology expert in India.
- Dr R K Singh & Dr Amit Kumar: Dr Raj Kishori Singh is one of the most famous doctors in Bihar specializing in Obstetrics and gynaecology. Her Son Dr Amit Kumar is also a Noted Infertility Expert in Bihar.
- Dr U N Shahi: Another rare surgeon Bihar has ever produced . He was native of Shahi Meenapur , Muzaffarpur . His son Sri Pushkar Shahi is a famous lawyer in Patna.
- Dr Priyamvada Tiwari : She retired as Director of IMS-BHU few years back. She is a well known doctor in Varanasi. After retirement she opened her own hospital in Luxa Road near her residence.
- Dr Dhan Pati Rai: Native of Buxar who got his Medicine degree in 1939 from Darbhanga Medical College and settled in his native place to serve the society . His son Dr B B Rai is also 1962 DMCH alumni & has served as Orthopaedic expert in HEC Ranchi . Dr B B Rai's son Sri Sanjeev Kumar Roy is settled in Singapore and heading an MNC in the capacity of Regional category manager of Asia Pacific region . While another son Sri Rajeev kumar Rai was a Civil Servant but now settled in Canada.
- Dr B P Mishra: Son in Law of Dr Sheetal Prasad Singh who became first Principal of S K Medical College in Muzaffarpur . His younger brother, Dr B N Mishra is also a noted Physician in Darbhanga . Dr B P Mishra runs his Pathology clinic named Modern Diagnostic Lab in Muzaffarpur. His son is also a Pathology Expert , Dr Ranjan Mishra whlile his nephew Dr K K Mishra married to Maniyari Mahant's Grand daughter Dr Ranjana Mishra and runs his own Pathology clinic Standard Diagnostic Lab.
- Dr R P N Sinha: He was native of Salemgarh estate from Deoria , eastern UP He established himself as among the best Psychiatrists in North India.
- Dr K K Sinha: A neurosurgeon of Ranchi, is one of the major personalities in the medical profession of East India, particularly of Jharkhand and Bihar.
- Dr Anmola Sinha: A rare intelligent doctor, native of Shahi Meenapur(Muzaffarpur) who is excellent in the field of GYN & OBS. It is said she always got scholarship in education and she credits her father for her education. Her eldest daughter is a record holder in MBBS examination to get Highest marks in All India level. While Another Doctor daughter is married to grandson of Radiologist Dr J P Sinha.
- Dr. N K N Sinha: A retired professor of medicine from Patna Medical College and Hospital. He is a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians (FRCP) and is a luminary in Gastroenterology.
- Dr Rajeshwar Thakur: A noted Surgeon as well as an excellent medical teacher. He is native of Kamargama, Kalyanpur, Samastipur. His nursing home in Patna City area is famous. After retirement as medical teacher he is heading various social organisation including Sir Ganesh Dutt Sewa Sansthan , PMCH Old Boys Association . It is said he was one the very few medical teachers who used to report hospitals sharp 9AM in the morning. One of his sons is an IRTS officer and married to Dr Ramendra Narain Singh's elder daughter, who is also a senior officer in central govt.
- Dr Kalika Sharan Singh: A noted Physician and cardiologist from Nawalpur, Maharajganj, Siwan. He is a Badramia Bhumihar Brahmin and has become a business tycoon with his Hi-Tec Laboratories Pvt. Ltd. based in New Delhi with its country wide marketing network.
- Dr Ramendra Narain Singh: A true blue blooded Parashar gotra Eksaria mool Bhumihar Brahmin who carries the genes of Philanthropist & Political Leader Sri Krishna Kant Singh. Dr Singh's grand father Narayan Babu nurtured Goreakothi and established a High School in 1916 . Dr Singh is a matriculate from famous St Xaviers High School & graduated from PMCH . He holds double masters degree in Surgery and was in UK for more than 10 years . Returning back to Patna from UK he joined Medical Education and started the famous Tara Hospital & Research Centre in 1986 . Dr Singh is married in another village of Rahimpur ( Khagaria , Old Monghyr/ Begusarai ). Dr Singh's younger brother, Dr G N Singh is a noted medical teacher as well as one of the first experts of modern Radiology.
- Dr R B Sharma & Dr Usha Sharma: Dr R B Sharma is most famous surgeon in the filed of Neuro Surgery and has served many years in UK & USA . He is native of Jihuli village and married to Dr Usha Sharma who is the grand daughter of Old Gaya's famous Politician and Philanthropist Khaderan Babu. Dr Usha Sharma is also an experienced GYN & OBS expert apart from having political interests. She has served as Vice President of Lok Janshakti Party .
- Dr Shanti Roy & Dr Anita Singh: Dr Shanti Roy is one of the most famous GYN & OBS doctor in Bihar. She belongs to Goreakothi and married in Gopalganj. Her son Dr Himanshu Rai is also a Noted Infertility Expert in Bihar. Dr Shanti Roy's younger sister Dr Anita Singh is also a noted GYN & OBS expert . Dr Anita is married to another doctor Dr U P Singh, native of west Patna district.
- Dr. Virendra Prasad Sinha cardiologist practising at Patna in Patna Medical College as teacher and the second DM in cardiology Bihar.
- Late Professor Dr. Rama Shankar Singh:
He was born in village Fardidpur (Post – Rohania, Dist- Varanasi, UP) and completed his BAMS from Lucknow, MD (medicine) from BHU varanasi & PHD from Lucknow.
He was very known in society by his occupation and his behaviour. He has contributed his services at many places like Banda, Haridware, Lucknow and Varanasi.
He left us on 04 October 1995.
- T. P. Singh (Junior): An ICS officer who hailed from very simple family of Ghataro, Vaishali.
- Late Shri U.N.Rai IAS (Retd):Served as an Election Commissioner and held various important positions as a cabinet Secretary-Bihar Cadre. Hails from the Rampur Estate near Buxar and was also responsible for various projects in patna like the Sanjay Gandhi jaivik udyan (Botanical Garden).
- Shri. D.C. Rai:Divisional Commissioner, Mumbai Customs. He is known to be one of the most honest Customs officers from the batch of 1981, serving Mumbai Cadre & settled in Mumbai. Son of Shri U.N Rai, he has carried the family tradition ahead. Has been nominated for various president awards and been responsible for various assignments in the past.
- B.P. Singh: Former Culture Secretary and Former Union Home Secretary to the Government of India during the NDA regime at the Centre .
- Aparmita Prasad Singh: A 1964 batch officer from UP Cadre .
- Vinod Rai: Keral cadre I A S,C.A.G., Government of India.(Village-Parasa, Ghazipur)
- Sudhir Sharma: 1975 batch office from the Manipur and Tripura cadre.(village-Nagasar, Ghazipur)
- Sri J. P. Rai: Native from a village Lauwadih in District ghazipur(U.P). Deputy Director in Women and Child Welfare Department.
- Rajyavardhan Sharma: 1980 batch Bihar cadre officer. He hails from a small village Dahiya under Patna District.
- Bharat Prasad Singh: UP Cadre IPS from Shekhpura District of Bihar. He served as DIG Allahabad, Gorakhpur and Additional Director General of Police, UP.His elder son Mukesh P. Singh is an IAS (Principal Director Audit and Accounts, North East Railways, Gorakhpur) and his younger son is IAS of Karnataka Cadre.
- Vibhuti Narayan Rai: UP Cadre IPS officer and famous Hindi novelist from Jokahara village of Azamgarh, UP where he established a library named Ramanand Pustakalaya having great collection of Laghu Patrika. His famous novels are Kissa Loktantra, Shahar Mein Curfew.
- Rahul singh rank 4 96 batch IAS officer and a software engineer from IIT kanpur from the time when there were few software egineers in India
- Baleshwar Rai : Former Secretry Official Language, Govt. of India. He hails from a small village Dhadhni district Ghazipur, UP.
- Krishna Kant Singh: He was the founder of Nalanda Medical College and Hospital (NMCH), Patna and Minister in Sri Krishna Sinha ministry and de-facto CM in Bhola Paswan Ministry. He was the main initiator to establish Bhagalpur & Ranchi University as Education Minister in Bihar .He served as President, "Gandhi Museum", Patna for many years and also BSFC chairman. He was the only son of Karm Yogi and RajRishi Narayan Babu from Goreakothi.
- Mahesh Pd Sinha: A Native of Vaishali District and very close Lieutenant of Sri Babu (Sri Krishna Sinha). He did a lot for Muzaffarpur in every field of Philanthropy after opening various Schools & Colleges. There is a science college named after him in Muzaffarpur, "M P Sinha Science College".
- Chandrashekhar Singh was deputy leader of the Communist Party of India group in the State Legislature of Bihar and a Member of the National Council of CPI, and its Bihar State Secretariat He passed away on the 20 July, 1976 at the age of 61.He was born in December 1915. Shri Chandrashekhar Singh, graduated from Banaras Hindu University in 1937, and obtained his Master's Degree from Patna University in 1939.Shri Chandrashekhar Singh came to politics through the National Liberation movement against the British imperialism in 1934. At that time he was in the Congress Socialist Party. He was elected first General Secretary of the Bihar Students Federation in 1938. In 1940 he joined the CPI and was arrested by the British Government. In 1949 he was arrested in connection with All India Railway strike. He worked in the Kisan Sabha from 1949 to 1956. In 1956 by-election, he was elected on a Communist ticket to the Bihar Legislative Assembly. He was continuously a member of the Bihar Legislative Assembly since 1962.In 1967 he became Minister for Power and Irrigation in the SVD, Government. He was also Deputy leader of the CPI, Legislative Party. He was the son of Sri Ram Charitra Pd Singh.
- Sri Indradeep Sinha: Born in 1914 Indradeep Sinha had a brilliant academic carrier securing a gold medal in post-graduation in economics from Patna University. He chose to serve the people by fighting for political freedom of the nation and social and economic justice to its people. He was a member of the Rajya Sabha from 1974-1986 (two terms) representing the Communist Party of India. He was also in the Bihar ministry in 1967 and 1977 governments in the capacity of Cabinet minister for revenue. His contribution in the peasant movement as general secretary of All India Kisan Sabha was tremendous. He wrote about 25 books and his writings are guidelines for the next generation committed to people's cause. His writings touched various subjects and were guidelines for the socio-political and economic movement in the country.
- Shyam Nandan Prasad Mishra: Famous Congress Leader who was also in the ministry of Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru. He was native of "PIPARA" , Nepal but worked hard as Politician in BEGUSARAI and in 1977 he was in the ministry of Morarji Desai as State External Affairs Minister.
- Digvijay Narayan Singh: Great Indian National Congress Leader and very close to Nehru-Gandhi family and Morarji Desai. Sir Mark Tully in his book "No Fullstops in India" has committed one whole chapter on him. He was the grandson of Sri Langet Singh.
- L P Shahi: He joined Sri Babu ministry at very young age and served almost all Congress Ministries in Bihar. Later on Sri Rajiv Gandhi included L P Shahi in Central ministry in 1985 as HRD minister.
- Kalapnath Rai: He is called the vikash purush of Mau (UP). Served the Congress Government under Narashima Rao as Power minister and Agriculture minister.
- Raj Narain: Known as Giant-killer for defeating Indira Gandhi from Rai-Bareilly Lok-Shabha seat in 1977. He served the country as Health Minister in Janata Party Government. He was one of the relatives of the royal family of Benaras.
- Rajo Singh: A famous congressman from Bihar who started his career as a Primary School teacher and became Rags to riches . He represented Sheikhpura in Bihar LA and Begusarai in LS. Never lost an election. He was assassinated in 2005.
- C.P.Thakur: A well known Doctor and former Health Minister in NDA government at centre. He revolutionised the concept of treatment of Kala-azar and is recognised as an international authority in this field and was honoured with Padmashree Award.
- Rajiv Ranjan Singh 'Lalan': Currently Lok Sabha Member from Begusarai Bihar And State Chief of Janta Dal-U.
- Maheshwar Prasad Singh: Noted Bihari Politician, Popularly known as “Chanakya” of Bihar, native of chapra, Rampur. He was General Seceratry of Janata Party, Bihar, the founder member of BJP and vice president of BJP, President of ABP, chairman of a state PSU, member of Khadi Board, and held other Cabinate rank posts. He was close associate of Morarji Desai.
- Mrs. Tarkeshwari Sinha: Congress leader and central minister in Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru cabinet.
- Algu Rai Shastri: Freedom fighter and congress leader , Member of Parliament., U.P minister.
- Kunwar Revati Raman Singh : A notable politician of Zamindaar family from Baraon state of Allahabad. At present he is representing Allahabad Loksabha constituency defeating veteran BJP leader Dr. Murli Manohar Joshi. His father Kunwar Madhvendra Singh was Minister in the 1937 interim government of Pandit Govind Ballabh Pant.His only son Ujjaval Raman Singh was Cabinet minister in Mulayam Singh Government in Uttar Pradesh.
- Gauri Shankar Rai: He represented UP legislative assembly from Ballia and Loksabha from Ghazipur. He was a great parliamentarian who initiated 'Visheshadhikar Hanan Notice' against Prime Minister Mrs. Indira Gandhi. He was leader of opposition in legislative council of UP assembly during chief ministership of H.N.Bahuguna. He was secretary to chief minister Smt. Sucheta Kripalani.
- Mahachandra Prasad Singh: He is 6 time congress MLC from Chaapra Graduate constituency. He is a long serving legislator and a respected congressman.
- Dr. Ravindra Kumar Rai: He belongs from a Zamindar Family of Giridih District. His Grandfather Nageshwar Rai was also MLa of 1st Vidhansabha of Bihar. He is currently a member legislative Assembly Jharkahnd. He was Cabinet minister of Industry and Mines Department in BJP Govt at Jharkhand. Currently in Jharkhand Vikas Morcha.
- Shiv Kumar choudhary: Political Leader from ARA(Bihar).
- Shyam Sunder Singh Dheeraj: Political leader from Mokama, Played important role in Congress Comeback after emergency and fall of Janta Party's Government. He saved Mr. Sanjay Gandhi from violent mob. He was youth congress leder in Bihar for more than 15 years. He was the yougest cabinet minister of Bihar.
- Ram Janam Sharma:A renowned personality from Bikram Patna. He is an ex -MLA from Bikram and played important role for Bhartiya Janata Party in Patna. His age is 53 years. He is in active politics from 18 years of his age. Atalji had praised him as most prominent of Bhumihar in Patna. Now also he is helping peoples of his constituency and and also apart from his constituency. He is very bold leader.
- Kapildeo Singh : Socialist Leader from Barahiya. In pre-independence he was active in the Quit-India movement as a young student. Post-independence he was an active socialist leader and became a Cabinet Minister in the Janata Party government of 1977.
- Babu Braj Kishore Singh: Great Socialist Leader from Village Azizpur District Muzaffarpur. Played a vital role in Anti congress moment (also known as J P Andolan). A well known Social worker of his time.
- Dr. Lal Mohan Pd Singh: Professor & Head of Department of Psychology SRPS College Jaitpur, Muzafarpur. A scholar of psychology and a well known leader of BJP in Muzaffarpur. Former district president of BJP, Muzaffarpur and also member of National council.
- Krishnanand Rai: He was the Bharatiya Janata Party legislator from Mohammadabad(Ghazipur). Krishnanand Rai was shot dead by unidentified men at Baswania, 100km from Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh on 29th November 2005 because of his long time rivalry with Ansari brothers in that constituency. His wife Alka Rai represented his constituency after the bypoll held after his sad demise. It was a great loss for the people of region as they lost their young loving leader.
- Tilakdhari Singh: Twice M.P from Koderma.
- Rai Hari Shankar Sharma: Thrice M.L.A. from East Champaran district and a prominent leader in 70s and 80s.
- Dr Akhilesh Prasad Singh: M.P of R.J.D representing Motihari and also the Minister of agriculture of state in present U.P.A government at centre.
- Jadish Sharma: Former Congress Heavyweight and present independent M.L.A from GHOSI asseembly seat representing it for seventh consecutive time.
- Surajbhan Singh: MP from Balia (Bihar) and LJP's General Secretary. A well known criminal turned politician of Bihar.
- Chandra Mohan Rai: Health Minister of Bihar in NDA government.
- Ramashray Prasad Singh: Many times served as the minister of water resources department in Bihar.
- Ram Jatan Sinha: Former Minister in Government of Bihar and former President of All India congress Committee of Bihar.
- Raj Kumar Rai Ex MP Ghosi,Mau(UP).
- Lal Narayan Sinha: An outstanding legal luminary who was the Attorney General of India during the Prime Minitership of Indira Gandhi. Born in Village Mussi (Belaganj, Gaya) he is regarded for his legal skills because of defending Emergency.
- Chief Justice of India Lalit Mohan Sharma: Son of above mentioned Lal Narayan Sinha, is also a reputed legal scholar. He was born on February 12, 1928 at Gaya (Bihar). Passed B.A. Hons. (Patna University) in 1946. Passed B.L. (Patna University) in 1948. Enrolled as articled clerk in High Court, Patna in 1949. Started practice in High Court, Patna as an Advocate - February 6, 1950. Enrolled as Supreme Court Advocate - March 6, 1957. Later nominated as Senior Advocate. Took charge (oath) as Judge, Patna High Court on April 12, 1973. Took charge (oath) as Judge, Supreme Court of India on October 5, 1987. Appointed Chief Justice of India on November 18, 1992. Retired on February 11, 1993.
- Justice N.P. Singh: Born on 25th December, 1931. Enrolled as an Advocate on 9th January, 1956; Appointed as the Judge of the Patna High Court on 12th April, 1973; Became the Acting Chief Justice of Patna High Court in 1991; On 4th February, 1992 took over as Chief Justice of Calcutta High Court; Appointed as the Judge of the Supreme Court on 15th June, 1992. Retired on 24.12.1996.
- Justice Nagendra Rai:was born on 31.01.1944. He was enrolled as an Advocate in 1966, and practised mainly in Criminal, Civil And Constitutional Matters in the Patna High Court. He became Judge of Patna High Court in the year 1990 and Acting Chief Justice in 2005, retired on 31.01.2006.
- Justice Narayan Roy:was born on 01.02.1947,He was enrolled as an Advocate on 05.09.1972, and practised mainly in Criminal, Civil and Constitutional Matters in the Patna High Court. He became Government Pleader at Ranchi Bench of Patna High Court in the year 1986 and Government Advocate in 1990, became Permanent Judge of Patna High Court in the year 1991 and Acting Chief Justice on 16.10.2007. Appointed as Chief Justice of Rajasthan High Court on 05.01.2008. He belongs to a Zamindar family of Giridih District, Jharkhand.
- Padmashri Dr. Chandreshwar Prasad Thakur commonly called Dr. C. P. Thakur, Emeritus Professor of Medicine, Patna Medical College, Patna, has also received the Ranbaxy Research Awards award in the field of Medical Sciences (Clinical Research) by the Hon'ble President of India , Dr. A.P. J. Abdul Kalam, presented the for his significant contribution towards the understanding of drug response in treatment of kala-azar. His new knowledge may soon lead in developing a drug from Ayurvedic medicine, for treatment of kala-azar, visceral leishmaniasis. He is the former Union Cabinet minister for Health and Family Planning and three time member of Lok Sabha from Patna constituency.
- D.P. Sinha: Consulting Engineer and Architect, Worked as Executive engineer with PWD but took voluntory retirement from the services (first in the history of Bihar), Now runs private firm in Patna under banner of Tirthanker Designs,he is known for best in consulting and designing building Bihar/Jharkand/UP/WB and adjoining states, also build countless houses for poor and backwards. He also specialised in building Schools, Colleges,Churches, Temples and Mosques. He loves farming and gardening, has small terrace garden in Patna, He comes from humble back ground from Village:Vaishali(Naya Tola)Vaishali District.
- Vikas Singh is currently the Additional Solicitor General of India in the Supreme Court. Mr. Singh started working as an advocate in the Supreme Court since 1990 and was designated as Senior Advocate in December 2004. He has handled constitutional, administrative, corporate, criminal and arbitration matters in the apex court and Delhi and Bombay High Courts.
- Air Chief Marshal Shashindra Pal Tyagi : He is more commonly known as S P Tyagi is the former Chief of the Air Staff of the Indian Air Force. Prior to becoming chief of Indian Air Force, he was commanding the Western Air Command of the Air Force. He was commissioned in the fighter stream of the IAF on December 31, 1963. He is said to have "actively participated" in the 1965 and 1971 wars.
- P.K.Shahi is currently Advocate General of the Government of Bihar.
- Dr. Krishna Nandan Singh is the former President of Patna High Court Bar Association. A Doon School pass-out who further did his doctorate from the Benares Hindu University. He has handled constitutional, administrative, corporate, criminal and arbitration matters in Patna and Ranchi High Courts primarily but also appears in matters in the Apex Court. Dr. K.N. Singh belongs to the highly-respected family of Sheohar Raj which traces its ancestry to Bettiah Raj.
- R.V.Shahi: Present power secretary of India. Worked as director of NTPC and chairman of BSES.
- S.K.Shahi: Eminent Chartered Accountant, belonging to the Shandilya gotra. Served as the chairman of the Patna branch of the Institute of chartered accountants of India in 2001 . Senior Partner of a CA firm having offices at Patna, New Delhi, Bhubaneshwar etc. He is the central statutory auditor of public sector banks and several PSUs.
- Dr. Brinda Bihari Thakur commonly called Dr. B.B.Thakur, Emeritus Professor of Medicine, Sri Krishna Singh Medical College, Muzaffarpur is also association of physicians national president.
- Sri Arun Kumar Singh is the DGM, Reserve Bank Of India and son of Late Sri M.P. Singh, a noted politician of Bihar.
- Dr Krishna Dev Prasad Sharma: He is a retired scientist from CSIR .he is a native of Bhaikh village in Jehanabad district .He has had his education from Science College, Patna and has done his phd from Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore and has been associated with various governments of European Union for various projects.
- Babu Hari Shankar Singh Vakil,BANARAS (KASHI): Born in a family of agriculturiest at village 'Belwa'(near Babatpur air port) varanasi, in the year 1901. He started his practice at civil side at Banaras District Court, attained highest regard in society and in Bar. He was amongst top most lawywers of the time. Died in the year 1967. He left behind him a quotable joint hidhu family full of lwayers and judges. His two nephews sri S. N. Singh and Sri k. P. Singh became Judges of the Hon'ble Allhabad High Court. Babu Hari shankar Singh's Sons Sri Rajender Prasad Singh and Sri Rajeshwar Prasad Singh are currently practising advocate at Varanasi Civil Court, both of them have earned greatest reputation of most honest Advocates. The third generation of great advocate, BABU HARI SHANKAR SINGH VAKIL,BANARAS is taking lead at Allahabad High Court in the leadership of Senior advocate Sri Ravindra Narain singh, again an eminent lawyer at U.P. High Court. besides this the real successor of BABU HARI SHANKAR SINGH VAKIL,BANARAS in the entire family has become Sri Anil Kumar Singh, Advocate practicing at Varanasi Court boath at Civil and Criminal Side, at a very young age has achieved deep apppreciation at Banaras city and the bar. Two of the grand sons of BABU HARI SHANKAR SINGH VAKIL,BANARAS are Rajeev Kumar Singh & Sunil Kumar Singh also Mrs. Mukti Singh wife of Sri sunil kumar singh all are leading advocates at the Hon'ble Supreme Court of India.
- Nitu Kumari : A lawyer of Patna High Court, social worker.
- Ravi Rai: A Singaporean engineer who left his job for serving the society and underprivileged and runs a social organization Children of Mother Earth (COME) which has its offices in India, Singapore and Thailand. This organization works for poor students, orphans and making people aware of disastorous impact of AIDS in coming days. He played a vital role in the construction of Muktipath, a place for last journey of life on the banks of Saryu river in his native place Barahalganj, Gorakhpur.
- k. p. shahi :- worked as advisor ministries of petrolium and ed iocl refinery . and help so many people to servive at delhi
- Langet Singh: A classic example of rags to riches who also turned out to be a great Philanthropist. He started his career as a simple worker and by the dint of his hard labour created huge wealth and donated huge amount to the then Bhumihar Brahmin College (Now L S College). His native was Dharhara, Vaishali . His grandson Sri Digvijay Narain Singh represented Muzaffarpur Loksabha constituency many times.
- Sri Ram Charitra Prasad Singh: He was Bihar First Power Minister. Native of 'Bihat', Begusarai he was a man of very strong will power. His Son Sri Chandrashekhar Singh became a very famous Communist Leader of Bihar.
- RajRishi Narain Babu: He was native of Goreakothi and started a High School based on Modern Education which led the revolution of education in that area . He won 1937 election for central assembly . He died in 1950 . His son Late Sri Krishna kant Babu became minister in SRI BABU first cabinet and served many other ministries . His son in law Late Sri Chandreshakhar babu of Bihat, Begusarai was a pillar in Bihar Politics and CPI.
- Rai Hriday Narayan Singh: Native of Muzaffarpur. He was actively associated with development work during British rule. He was in the good book of Britishers and enjoyed their support for his work. It was none other than Mr. Narayan who made many roads and small bridges for the convenience of the local people.
- Sri Vishun Deo Narain Singh: A 1927 law graduate from a Zamindaar family who used to run a free Hostel for meritorious and talented Bhumihar Brahmins of Saran district but at Mithanpura in Muzaffarpur. Smt Krishna Sahi's father Mahesh Pd Sinha were close associate of him. he become a Gandhian at very young but died in 1943.
- Pandit Prakash Vir Shastri: Eminent Parliamentarian and scholar of Sanskrit.
- Sir Chandreshwar Prasad Narayan Singh: Governor of Uttar Pradesh (1980-85), and India's first ambassador to Nepal. He also served as an ambassador of Japan. He was born on the 18th April 1901 at Parsgarh, Bihar. Standing First Class-First from the Calcutta University in his M.A. He obtained the Mallick Gold Medal in 1925. After coming to Bihar, he was elected to the then Legislative Council in 1927. He was also elected Chairman of the District Board of Muzaffarpur, where he distinguished himself by exemplary organisation of succour for earthquake victims of the great Bihar Earthquake of 1934. This received special recognition at the hands of the different organisations of the country, including the Congress at that time. In 1945, he became the Vice-Chancellor of the United Patna University. After Independence, he was invited by the then Prime Minister, Pandit Jawahar Lal Nehru, to become the country's Ambassador to Nepal. It was during his tenure the King of Nepal sought refuge at the Indian Embassy in 1950. After completing his tenure there, he was appointed the Governor of undivided Punjab in 1953. It was under his aegis that the city of Chandigarh and the Bhakra-Nangal dam were built. In 1958, he subsequently became the Ambassador to Japan. There he received the signal and unique honour of receiving a doctorate from the prestigious Ohtani University. Unable to continue in the post, due to ill-health, he was forced to come back to India. After that he became a Director of the Reserve Bank of India and the I.D.B.I. and the Chairman of several companies. A distinguished educationist, an able administrator and an inspiring leader and interpreter of Indian Culture, Shri C.P.N. Singh was honoured with Padma Vibhushan in 1977 for his meritorious services rendered to the country.
- Rameshwar Thakur:The present Governor of Karnataka.
- Kailashpati Mishra: Former vice-president of BJP and former Governor of Rajasthan and Gujarat.
- Acharya Giriraj Kishore: Senior vice-president of Vishva Hindu Parishad and a conservative Hindu activist.
- Padmashri Sharda Sinha: Singer, renowned for her deep and melifluous voice, sings mostly in Bhojpuri, Chatth festival songs sung by her are very popular.
- Shashindra Pal Tyagi: Former Air Chief Marshal of India.
- Dr. P.D. Ojha: Deputy Governor, Reserve Bank of India (the central banking authority of India) from 29.04.1985 to 28.04.1990 .
- Shandali Sinha: The actress of movie named Tum Bin.
- Amaresh Singh: An IRS has served as Deputy Director(Investigation) in New Delhi and is currently Deputy Secretary in the Union Home Ministry.
- Raghav Sharan Sharma: Engineer, mountaineer, writer. Editor of Swami Sahjanand Saraswati Rachanawali published by Rajkamal Prakashan.
- Shivnarain Chanderpaul: The star cricketer of West Indies (citation:telecast and broadcast in star news direct from chandepaul's home in west indies at 8.30 am on 10 March 2007 tracing the history of chanderpaul's family)
- Chandra Bali Rai: Retired Engineer in chief, UP.
- Ram Sagar Singh- He was born in Mokama(Bihar)& retired as a General Manager (Manufacturing) from the UB group, 2nd largest liquor company in the world. He is famous for social work & he was president of Rotary club mokama & did a lot of work for school children & poor. His wife Anju Bala Singh supported him in every social work area. Now they are trying to improve Mokama area.
- Dr K.P.Thakur Most famous grammarian of bihar and former professor of English at R.D.S College, Muzaffarpur.
- Buddhi Sagar Rai: A Gold Medalist all through his career and Graduated from BHU as a Mechanical engineer. He excelled in his career and retired as the Engineer in Chief, UP.
- Pandit Surya Dev Sharma: Well-known Sanskrit-scholar from Muzaffarpur, Bihar served as professor of Ayurveda at Awadh Bihari Singh Sanskrit College, Khagaria.
| Former estates and Zamindar
Amawan and Tekari Raj, one of the most renowned estates in Bihar. Raja Bahadur Harihar Prasad narayan singh constructed various temples around India. The present Raja Bahadur Raghvendra Prasad Naryan Singh, a fine example of the Raj era spends time between Patna and mussoorie.
- Bettiah Raj: The largest estate(areawise) in the province of Bihar. There were two-three other prominent estates which emerged out of Bettiah Raj at a later date. The most prominent ones are Sheohar Raj and Madhuban Raj, but all of them share the same ancestry. To get a complete picture of the family lineage of the Bettiah Raj and Sheohar Raj in particular, it is suggested to go through the book named 'Shaktapramod'.
- Sheohar Estate: Earlier a part of Sitamrih District, Sheohar is now a district in itself. The "Nandan Singhs" of Sheohar are now mainly residing in Patna/Muzaffarpur/Delhi
- Sambay Estate: one of the known estates of bihar with large amount of land property. Now after the demise of the eldest son of Rameshwar babu, Sri nawal babu. The head of sambay family is Kaushal babu, branch manager of a multi national company, with his two sons kushang and kanishk.
- Hathua Maharaj: in Saran District of Bihar, they are close kin of Deoria situated Tamukhi Raaj. Currently its Maharaja is Sri Mrighendra Pratap Sahi is an Industrialist. He is honourly situated with the great zamindar estate the Sambay family.
- Parihans Estate: situated in Gaya District
- Tamkuhi Raaj : in Deoria District of EAST UP .One of the oldest hereditory rajas for more than 117 generations.
- Babhangawaon Estate: It is situtaed at Deoghar District (Santhal Pargana) of Jharkhand. They are Chitpawan Brahmins migrated from Maharastra . They have a dominance over the area.
- Raja RajDhanwar: It is situtaed at Giridih District (North Chotanagpur) of Jharkhand. They are Chitpawan Brahmins migrated from Maharastra . They are well reputed and big landlords.
- Shaistapur Estate: One of the oldest jamindar of Patna district in Bihar with large amount of landed property . It is situtaed near Athmalgola station .
- Anapur estate: situated in Allahabad district.
- Jogani Estate of Muzaffarpur- Jogani Estate is located at south of Muzaffarpur district.
- Dr. Ajay Singh: A Post Doctoral Fellow at Indian School of Business, Hyderabad in the area of social marketing. His current research topic is- “Expanding access to female condom by cooperation among government, international donor organization and the private sector”.He completed Ph.D. on the topic-“Impact of social, economic and cultural factors in social marketing of condom” under guidance of K.Pradeep, Programme Development Officer, UNAIDS, Geneva. Apart from that he also did M.B.A. with major in marketing and minor in I.T. specialization. he received a prestigious “The Rashtrapati Rovers Award” in year 2000 by Dr. K.R.Narayanan former president of India in all India competition at Jagatpura Jaipur. he had deliberated several lectures on Social Marketing, Male/Female CONDOM, HIV/AIDS and Advocacy in International and National Conferences. he belong from sewapuri, varanasi, uttarpradesh
- Samprada Singh: Owner of Alkem Ltd. having more than 150 different products.
- Shri Alok Rai: A New- Geneartion Industrialist, from Deori in U.P, son of a renowned Doctor. He had a flourishing business in Russia. Shifted back to India in 1996 and currently is the proud owner of the Italian shoe brand: Egle Shoes, Draymo0r fertilizers and has interests in construction and service apartments. An automobile engineer from Russia, he is known to be a philanthropist, as well.
- Shri Shubham Dinesh Chandra Rai: Shubham D.C. Rai is the son of Shri D.C Rai and the grandson of Late U.N Rai. He is an MBA from IMT, Nagpur and is a young entrepreneur having won several awards, at the young age of 27. His Munificient Ventures Pvt. Ltd was nominated as the TATA NEN Hottest startup competition Top-30 small companies in India and the STAR Innovation awards. Itsí in the field of IT, Staffing, solar power and various such projects. Brought up in Mumbai, various contributions to the Bhumihar Samaj in Mumbai and philanthropy is his forte. He is also the Co-chairperson for CII (Confederation lf Indian Industry)ís youth Affairs in Mumbai.
- Shri Ashok kumar Rai: Shri, Ashok Kumar Rai is the son of Shri S.N. Rai, the erstwhile Joint Director of Industires for Uttar Pradesh. Shri Ahok rai is a hospital Baron and owns and runs various hospitals in Varanasi, Gorakhpur , Lucknow and various parts of Uttar Pradesh. His contribution to the the number of beds of hospitals in U.P has been exemplary and introducd the most sophisticated medical equipments in the Hospital industry in UP through his Gomiti Medical Centers Brand-name.
- Ramakant Rai Sharma: Native of Gazipur, UP but brought up in Kolkata and has remained there ever since. He is owner of Reliance dyes and chemicals which is a very old company now. He also owns a few more business across India in Mumbai, Chennai etc. He was also president of Brahmarshi Samaj is Kolkata and is active both among Bhumihar Brahmins of Kolkata and Gazipur.
- Mahendra Prasad Singh, a native of Jehanabad, and famous by the name of King Mahendra, is the owner of Aristo Pharmaceuticals  which has "a formidable position in the industry".
- Sharmanand Sharma, owner of Aglowmed Ltd. and belong to Jehanabad. Mr Sharma is also in diamond business and he himself a mining engineering gold medalist.
- Satish Kumar Singh A native of Fuladh, Muzaffarpur : Owner of Chemical & Orthopedics companies in Mumbai & Baroda. One of the leading Social figure of Bihari community in Mumbai. Secratory of "Bihar Pravasi Sangh" Bhayander.
- Anil Sharma: He was an engineer with Govt of Bihar and after resigning he went IIT-Kgp for an M.Tech degree. Later on He started his Amrapali Group which has many real estate projects across the India.
- Dr. Kalika Sharan Singh: a native of Nawalpur, Maharajganj, Siwan has been a successful medical practitioner. Later he resigned the government job to start his own Pharmaceutuical company M/s Hi-Tec Laboratories Limited, based at New Delhi with marketing network in four states namely Bihar, Jharkhand, West Bengal and Orissa.
- Sarvesh Shahi A native of Ahiapur in Muzaffarpur is the owner of Shahi Shipping Company with its headquarter at Mumbai. His elder brother Karunesh Shahi is a famous lawyer of Muzaffarpur.
- The Bhumihars: Caste of eastern India (ISBN 81-86208-37-2), published 2005 by Raj Publishing House, Jaipur, India.
- "Brahmarshi Vansha Vistar" by Dandi Sanyasi Swami Sahajanand Saraswati (published in 1915, Sita Ram Ashram, Bihta)
- Contribution by different brahmarshies members.
- If you have any suggestion and information related to bhumihar.com, please forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org.